If you have any queries or concerns about how the AFT uses your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information do we gather about you?
When you join the AFT, we will need to gather the information required to support and manage your membership. This includes the maintenance of our Registers of Ordinary Members, Board Members (for those elected to the AFT Board) and our Register of Shares (all members are shareholders in the AFT).
Our Register of Ordinary Members includes:
- membership number
- share number
- date registered
- date membership ceased
- number of shares held
- postal and email addresses and any other relevant contact details including a note of the Members preferred form of communication
- renewal date
Our Register of Board Members includes:
- the name of each board member
- their office held (i.e. Chair, Treasurer, Co-optee or Board member)
- their Address and other contact details
- their membership and share number
- the date they were elected or co-opted and ceased office or resigned
- the date they ceased to be a member of the Board.
- any declared interests (other directorships)
Our Register of Shares includes:
- share certificate number
- membership number
If you take part in AFT meetings, your presence and comments you make at the meeting may be recorded in the minutes of that meeting.
If you take part in an AFT survey, your responses will be held in the 3rd party system we use to conduct that survey (currently SurveyMonkey); while you may complete most surveys anonymously, if you provide personal information this will be held in the survey database, as will the IP address from which you complete the survey.
How do we hold this information?
Our membership information is held on a 3rd party database, currently the InTouch system which is recommended by Supporters Direct. This is the system used by a large number of similar football and other sporting supporter trusts such as ourselves.
We take some membership payments via online payment systems, in particular PayPal. Your use of PayPal is protected and secured by PayPal; we will pass the email you use on our systems to PayPal as a default login to use for your payment to us. In many cases, members have auto-renewal payments in place.
Our surveys use a 3rd party platform, currently SurveyMonkey. The responses you give are stored in a database for analysis. Note that if you do not provide your name or contact details in the survey, the survey data is generally anonymous. We may check IP addresses of those completing surveys to detect abuse of the survey process.
How do we use the information?
We will use your personal information in the performance of our membership contract with you.
- keeping your details in our membership database (on InTouch)
- maintaining our Registers of Ordinary Members, Board Members and Shares;
- contacting you with news and updates about AFT and Plymouth Argyle-related activities;
- contacting you to solicit member opinions and feedback (usually via SurveyMonkey) and to subsequently analyse the results of such surveys;
- contacting you about your membership renewal;
- inviting members to take part in Society Elections and to attend our Annual or Special General Meeting(s);
- checking membership payment status (including for example PayPal payments);
- checking your eligibility to attend AFT Meetings.
How long do we hold your information?
We will your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided and to meet our legal obligations.
Your rights on your personal data
You may unsubscribe from the general email updates we send you via InTouch by using the unsubscribe option in the email; if you do this we will no longer send you general updates but we will still use your details to send you information about our Elections, Annual or Special General Meetings and your membership renewal.
You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by emailing email@example.com.
If you believe we hold inaccurate membership information about you, including your preferred or current contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or otherwise pass your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit consent to do so.
Amendments to the policy
We may update this policy for time to time, e.g., to clarify it further should we receive questions or feedback from our members about the policy.
Any amendments to this policy will be published on this website.